30 Jun 5 Videos a Corporate Brand Needs to Stand Out Amongst the Competition
A video is considered to be as effective as
1.5 million words!
While video content is becoming a marketing standard, so far, over one-third of businesses have yet to grasp onto the trend. Now is the perfect time for your business to hop on the video bandwagon and put out video content for potential customers and clients to see. No matter the industry, your business can benefit (and yes, profit) from having several types of videos used as marketing content. Discover the 5 types of video your business needs to stand out amongst the competition and thrive in the industry.
- CORPORATE DOCUMENTARY – This type of corporate video is the perfect introduction into the digital world. This is a chance for your company to become more than a name and a logo. Video shows off the personality of your company and tells its story. A corporate documentary explains your company’s mission and vision, while including personal testimonials from your clients, employees, and industry contacts. This is your chance to show off your brand to the world and prove what makes your company different. Remember, when making your corporate documentary, always display to your company’s strengths – highlighting your positive attributes that truly make you different from the competition.
- HOW-TO VIDEOS – This self-explanatory type of video works best when your audience knows of and is interested in using your product. While some will read a 1,000 word blog post explaining the how-to’s of a product, a 2-3 minute video showing a hands-on example of a product is likely going to get you more attention. A how-to (instructional) video that is creatively filmed and composed will earn your business even more online traffic that will ultimately convert into more customers. Remember, when creating your promotional (how-to) videos, focus on the actual use of your product. While added features are a bonus, emphasize how the viewer can use the product in his/her everyday life. More importantly, show them why they need your product.
- PROMOTIONAL VIDEOS – Promotional videos allow you to highlight lesser seen aspects of your company. From special events to press releases, promotional videos offer a shortened explanation of information usually found in writing. They also generate interest in the company’s upcoming announces and product launches. Remember, promotional videos should add a level of excitement about your brand, product, event, etc. Of course, promotional videos need to be done tastefully. To keep your audience interested, ensure these videos are brief, compelling, and well-produced. Investing in having a well-done promotional video will allow you to reap the rewards down the line.
- EXPERT VIDEOS – With a constant stream of information and advertisements being distributed on the Internet, it is essential for your brand to have an accurate, informational voice behind the content you are producing. When customers are still researching a product, they are more likely to listen to the facts, figures, and features of a product. Use this form of corporate video to answer potential customers’ questions and give details about your product. Remember, avoid making this form of video an advertisement. To avoid this, make helpful and detailed information your focus in the video. Customers want to know the ins and outs of what they’re buying, and if you can show off your product with complete transparency, you will be more likely to earn their trust.
- DEMO VIDEO – After producing content that offers insight into your brand and highlights the products you offer, it may be time to share a demo video. A demo video combines the demonstration offered in the hands-on video, while including the in-depth explanation of the product features shown in the expert video. Remember, a demo video sells the entire experience of your product/service. Bring your demo video idea to a professional videographer to create a beautifully shot video while guiding you along the fine line between a commercial and a strictly information piece.
These 5 types of corporate videos will allow your company to flourish and jump ahead of the competition. In a world where technology is constantly evolving and social media use is only growing, staying on top of marketing trends will help keep your company fresh and relevant.
Use this effective medium to your advantage — call Windward Productions today to discuss creating your own corporate videos!